Sunday, March 13, 2011

4:05 ET Update

* No change to the Richmond Spiders (whom I like to do some damage in the Tournament), who I had anticipated winning today, therefore moving them up to a 10.

* Kentucky winning over Florida means they both are likely a natural 3 seed. Things worked out better when UK was a 4 and Florida was a 2- and by the rules of bracketing I can leave them as they are.

* Duke over UNC was inconsequential as I had already swapped Notre Dame and Duke for the last 1 seed.

* Penn St is hanging with Ohio State. A win would probably be worth a seed line- but I doubt the committee would want to make a change at this late hour, and obviously a loss doesn't hurt them, so I think if they had them as an 11 before that's where they will be and likewise as a 12. Either way, I think they are ahead of those in the First Four.

* I'm sticking to my guns with VCU and Alabama over Georgia and USC. I know the committee has ruled against the "VCU Profile" in the past (see: Hofstra '06, Drexel '07, W&M '10) but their resume is more complete than the rest. And while I don't like Alabama AT ALL, I can't see the committee leaving out a 13 win SEC team.

No comments:

Post a Comment